This Canon 5D Mark II kit has been used now for many years by us in many varied situations, in corporate videos, stop-motion animation, multi-camera interviews and extensive time-lapse projects.
Despite being first announced back in 2008, this camera can still hold its own today as a great tool in the film-makers arsenal.
With a full frame sensor, this camera is still amazing in low-light conditions, with an ISO range from 100 to 6400. When shooting timelapse events, with its maximum resolution of 5616 x 3744, this camera can effectively shoot for a 4K finished timelapse product, if piecing together stills in RAW mode as recommended by many timelapse experts.
In regular video mode, this camera can shoot in full HD at 1920×1080 resolution in approximately 38Mbps, a very high bit rate for compressed h264 video. Whilst the standard canon settings only allow for approximately 12 minutes of continuous HD video, our kit has had the Magic Lantern custom software installed, to allow for many useful features not normally found on the stock camera. Most importantly, overlays on the live view screen indicating audio levels, video levels and colour levels.
With all of this in video mode, it is also an amazing stills camera to this day.
This kit includes the following:
- Canon 5D Mark II camera body
- Canon 24-70mm L series f/2.8 lens
- Sachtler Cine DSLR tripod in case
- 77mm Hoya UV & CPL filters, plus Tiffen variable ND filter
- Blackrapid shoulder slung strap
- Zacuto Z-Finder Pro viewfinder
- Canon BG-E6 battery grip for dual battery operation
- 2x Canon LP-E6 batteries
- 2x Blumax batteries
- Three Sandisk high-speed CF Cards
- Pixel remote shutter release, as well as a wired Pixel shutter release
- Large Lowepro backpack
- Canon LC-E6E battery charger & Powerextra dual-channel USB battery charger
- Rode VideoMic Pro hotshoe microphone