Certified, safe and ready for takeoff
Newsworthy Vision is now CAA approved for commercial drone operations in London and the UK. We’re keen to bring our ground level videography expertise to the sky and offer aerial photography and videography services.
Utilising our 4K video capable drone, we can conduct aerial video and photography operations anywhere, day or night.
Commercial Drone Operation Costs
Includes remote pilot, drone equipment and insurance
- We need a deposit of 25% of the quoted amount before booking.
- Availability is dependent on local weather conditions. You will need flexibility with dates.
- Flights in and around London need special permission which can take up to 28 days to approve.
Yes it is, but aerial drone videography is not impossible in this city.
We have permission for commercial drone services, allowing us to work in urban, residential, or recreational areas. Included is insurance with public liability cover, covering the project, drone pilot and team.
London has several major restriction zones, covering a majority of the city and surrounding areas. The first covers Hyde Park and extends to Regents Park in the North, Kensington in the West and Stockwell to the South. The second is over the City of London area from Covent Garden to Tower Bridge.
Taking aerial footage for a video production within them does take a long time to approve. Twenty-eight days is the rough approval time required.
As an example, if you wanted to get aerial footage from a drone over the river Thames, you would need to get permission from:
- NATS – The air traffic control network for the UK
- Metropolitan Police – Due to the restricted zones within London
- London Port Authority – For any traffic travelling in or around the river (Depending on operations)
- Local council authority – For take-off and landing locations near the river
There is no getting around these approvals, and the penalties are severe if you don’t seek them. Permission is also not guaranteed by any means, but the sooner you ask with a solid plan, the better your chances of success.
We can get started on these permissions if you know where and when you want to film.
Our first drone, the DJI Mini 2. A versatile, 4K aerial video champion.
So get in touch if you’re looking for a way to get aerial photos of your subject or drone footage of an event. Or if you have any questions at all about our aerial videography services, or aerial photography in London, don’t hesitate to get in contact.